Laravel 9 released!
On February 8th, 2022, Laravel 9 was officially released.
Laravel 9 requires a minimum of PHP 8.0, with some new features, such as enum Eloquent attribute casting requiring PHP 8.1
As with any Laravel framework update it contains a host of new features, improvements and bug fixes. These include:
- Improved Eloquent Accessors / Mutators
- Enum Eloquent Attribute Casting
- Implicit Route Bindings With Enums
- Forced Scoping Of Route Bindings
- Controller Route Groups
- Full Text Indexes / Where Clauses
- Laravel Scout Database Engine
- Rendering Inline Blade Templates
- Slot Name Shortcut
- Checked / Selected Blade Directives
- Bootstrap 5 Pagination Views
- Improved Validation Of Nested Array Data
- Laravel Breeze API & Next.js
- Improved Ignition Exception Page
- Improved route:list CLI Output
- Test Coverage Using Artisan test Command
- Soketi Echo Server
- Improved Collections IDE Support
- New Helpers
For more information of how to use these Laravel 9 specific features, take a look at the Laravel 9 release notes.